More compensation for Ukrainians living in France

Ukrainians fleeing the fighting receive additional financial aid from the French Family Assistance Fund (CAF). Money can be given to those who have previously provided temporary protection.

Compensation for housing rent

Link kopieren

The fund returns part of the funds spent on rent to Ukrainian families renting housing in France. The subsidy can be received during the entire period of residence. The money will be transferred directly to the home owner, and you will have to pay the difference yourself.

The amount of assistance depends on certain conditions:

• the cost of rent

• area and type of housing

• the number and age of people living there

• marital status

• wages of the tenant

On the CAF website, you can get an approximation of the subsidy amount. Information regarding your financial situation and rented housing will be requested of you.

The agency will respond with information on whether and how much financial support is available. If so, you must register for an account and submit a help request online.

The following documents are required in order to complete a profile:

  •  rental certificates, family composition; bank information;
  • a copy of the permission for temporary protection in France;
  • declarations of family income and payment of taxes for the previous year;

Child support payments

Link kopieren

Families with two or more children can also claim monthly financial assistance. CAF will cover the cost of education and maintenance for children under 20 years of age. These can be expenses for educational institutions, clothing, food, recreation for children.

The amount of child support depends on the financial status of the family, the number of children and their age. For example, for low-income parents, this amount per month is:

• 134 euros for two children,

• 307 euros for three children,

• 479 euros for four children,

• 172 euros for another child

You can apply for assistance online on the CAF website. The following documents are required for filling:

• Bank account,

• a copy of temporary protection,

• a copy of the passport,

• copies of passports or birth certificates of children,

• declaration on the status of family benefits and housing allowance,

• income declaration for 2021